Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing
Diabetes-Friendly Lemony Salad Dressing Recipe
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the juice and pulp of 1/2 to 1 whole lemon, according to taste, 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 smashed garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste the salad dressing. If the taste is too strong, add a tablespoon of water. Repeat until you get the flavor you desire. Remember, you want it to be a bit strong since it will be poured over the greens and tossed
Note: If you do not have a garlic press, you can chop up the garlic, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and smash with a fork.
To maximize the health properties of garlic, crush or smash it at room temperature and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
Try this recipe with lime juice, add a pinch of chili powder or a chili powder spice mixture. My favorite chili spice mix is Tajin Clasico Seasoning. Try adding a tablespoon of sesame seed paste. Experiment by adding your favorite dry or fresh herbs and spices.
Why This Salad Dressing Is a Healthy Choice
It contains olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Olive oilis an excellent source of monounsaturated fat which is very heart-healthy and offers other benefits like promoting loss of belly fat, helping with weight loss, and helping to reduce cholesterol.
- Garlicmay help prevent heart disease and lower cholesterol.
- Lemon juiceis an excellent source of vitamin C and also contains soluble fiber. Lemon juice has and may help with weight loss, slow digestion of carbohydrates, prevent the absorption of some fats, increase , and help with circulation problems. Lemon juice also has a low glycemic index and might also help lower the glycemic index of other foods.
Video: Salad Dressing for People with Diabetes - Jill Weisenberger, CDE
The Must-Have: The FloralBlazer
Anthony Puharich Talks Family, Luxury Design Building A Meat Empire
How to Make Turkey Sausage
Break Out of Your Exercise Rut
It’s Time to Confront Your Debt Here’s How to Start
Elisabeth Moss: Start telling women they can’t speak, you wind up in a fucking red dress’
You love their quirks
Surry Hills Date Bars Guaranteed To Score You A Home Run
How The Queen Will Break With Royal Tradition
11 Healthy Habits That Are Sabotaging Your Weight Loss
The Best Fitness Books of All Time for Losing Weight Getting in Shape
9 Beauty Mistakes That Are Making You Look Older
The Purple Shampoo that Saved My Gray Hair fromBrassiness
10 Ways to Stop a Panic Attack
Abigail Breslin responds to only reported rape count’ comment