The Other Christmas Gift
How to Choose a Christmas Gift for a Baby
For someone else's baby
Ask the parents what the baby needs.They will likely have at least a few things that they'd appreciate for a gift, from clothing to toys and maybe even furniture. If you're not keen to ask them, be observant. Listen to anything the parents mention about wanting or notice whether the baby is missing certain needed items whenever you visit.
Consider giving a basket of goodies.This could include some baby grooming products, a few onesies, pairs of baby socks, a baby-proof book and a rattle, for example. Add to it whatever you consider is appropriate.
- Wrap in clear cellophane with a pretty big bow for presentation. This looks professionally finished.
Give the parents a diaper cleaning service voucher.This is a great Christmas gift idea to ease their constant cleaning and lets them spend more time with the baby instead of the washing machine.
- Choose a service that has a good reputation for reliability and cleanliness.
Give several months supply of pureed baby food.This could be organic, jar or frozen food, depending on what you know the parents prefer. This is a great way to give them some more free time with the baby.
- Make it yourself. See How to make and freeze baby food for details. You'll need to transport it quickly in a frozen food receptacle and warn the parents that it needs to go straight into the freezer on your arrival. Package with good labels that explain what is inside and the date produced and a suggested use-by date (base the use-by date on whatever the product is and its recommended freezing time, but err on earlier use for the sake of freshness.)
Offer to babysit.Here's a great excuse to spend time with the baby and give the parents a well deserved break. This is a great one if you're a godparent or family member who is itching to have more one-on-one time with the baby.
Frame a gorgeous photo you've taken of the baby during the year.Print it off and choose a sweet frame that will look good in the parent's house. This is a lovely gift that they'll probably keep on display for years to come.
For your baby
Choose toys suited to what you know of your baby.This might be new rattles, blocks, a soft toy or some sort of safe and fun baby furniture that lets them bounce, crawl or play.
Give books made for babies.Reading can never begin too early with a baby. It's something the baby can hold onto and chew, while you can read the stories to the baby in the coming months.
Make your baby some fun food with their favorite flavors.For example, perhaps they love bananas; make a plateful of banana slices formed into the shape of an animal. Or, turn the bananas into mini muffins for baby's first muffins.
Spend time with your baby without interruptions.There are always things to be done. Let yourself put all those chores to one side and just spend time at baby's eye level on the floor, hanging together and playing together.
Remind yourself that your baby won't remember a thing about being given gifts as a baby.Love, kisses, cuddles and fun together are likely to be of more lasting value than any single gift item.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- See what is popular in the baby stores; something might catch your eye. However, beware fads. Babies, contrary to marketing ploys, do not actually need much more than your love and care.
- Keep the gift choice within your budget; perhaps check out sales leading up to Christmas.
Video: 100 Christmas Gift Ideas for EVERYONE You Know
How to Grow Alfalfa Sprouts
Shiny Long Hairstyles
Leftover Meals: 65 Amazing, Healthy Recipes You Can Make From Leftovers
How to Dig for Fossils and Gemstones
Outfit Of The Week 31218
How to Write Dubstep Music
Protect Your Heart From Ankylosing Spondylitis
Anthropologie Breanna Garland With Tassels, Size One Size - Orange
16 Celebrities Who Have Posed Without Makeup for MagazineCovers
Non-hormonal Help for Hot Flash Hell
Pineapple and its health benefits
The shirt dresses every woman should own
Bella Hadid Just Slayed Her 1st Victoria’s Secret ShowEver
Mango Premium Fall 2015 Collection Is All Retro
Date: 02.12.2018, 05:51 / Views: 65375