Bread Stuffing with Sausage, Dried Cherries and Pecans - Home & Family
Sausage, Dried Cherry and Sage Stuffing
Nov 6, 2011
Con Poulos/Woman's Day
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 25
Total Time: 0 hours 50
3 tbsp. olive oil
small loaf country bread (about 1 lb)
3/4 lb. Italian sausage (casings removed)
1/4 c. fresh sage
Kosher salt and pepper
low-sodium chicken broth
fresh flat-leaf parsley
3/4 c. dried cherries
- Heat oven to 375°F. Oil a 3-qt casserole dish. Place the bread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sage; transfer to the bowl with the bread.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and heat the oil. Add the onions, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very tender and beginning to turn golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the parsley and cherries.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to the bowl and toss with the bread and sausage mixture. Fold in the beaten eggs. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, cover with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Video: Cherry Pecan Stuffing / Dressing (with make-ahead tips)
How to Make a Rod Puppet
Say hello to the 2019 Business Insider Car of the Year
9 Of The Best Don’t-Miss BAFTA Moments
How to Live for Jesus
India says nuclear sub makes first patrol, Modi warns of misadventure
How to Get Ready for a Softball Game
Celebrity Hairstyles: Kate Beckinsale Hairstyles
Top 15 Best Eyebrow Powders Available In India
5 Anonymous People Open Up About What Its Really Like to Be In An Arranged Marriage
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Casual Wedding Outfits for Men -18 Ideas What to Wear as Wedding Guest
Why Eddie Redmayne wasn’t allowed into RiRi’s Met Ball after party
Date: 16.12.2018, 18:08 / Views: 83462